Pre-Emptive rationing Behaviour
In the spirit of the recent government diktat from dorky Francis Maude for all motorists to get into their cars, then queue for hours to buy up all available petrol, I’ve decided to jump the gun on the water shortage!
I’ve now run round the house turning all the taps on and put the lawn sprinklers on full blast because I’m just outside the hosepipe ban area.
My partner plans to have five baths today as well.
This will ensure that all the water is gone before the ban starts!
That’s the way to do it!
- Hosepipe ban is essential, officials say – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Hosepipe ban begins for 20m – but water companies admit ‘no inspectors’ – Metro (metro.co.uk)
- UK News: Water firms defend hosepipe bans (walesonline.co.uk)
- Hosepipe ban ‘will last all summer’ (itv.com)
- Hosepipe ban looms for drought hit Britain (itv.com)
- Diktats of the drought police: Not just a hosepipe ban, but ELEVEN tough restrictions on water use (dailymail.co.uk)
- UK News: Hosepipe bans in seven water areas (walesonline.co.uk)
- Hosepipe bans to hit 20 million people across south and east of England (itv.com)
- Hosepipe bans: How will it affect you? (itv.com)
- Hosepipe bans to hit 20 million (itv.com)