Here are two pictures, both of which are of shadows of posts on bridges, created by the effects of nuclear explosions. One is “natural”, the other was triggered by human intervention.
Can you spot the difference? Answers at the bottom of the page. See if you agree with me.
There are several differences. Here’s how I see them ..
- One is colour, the other is black and white
- They are different sorts of posts
- One is in the UK in winter, the other is Japan in the summer
- One is a distant explosion where four hydrogen atoms are ultimately squeezed together to make a helium atom converting 4 millions tonnes a second into energy, the other is from a nearby explosion that lasted a split second and split the atoms in a few kilos of uranium metal into two or more different atoms releasing a bit of energy in the process
- One set of posts escaped being bombed in WW2, the other didn’t
- Oh yes. How could I forget. One keeps everyone and everything on the world alive all the time, the other killed most of the people and things in a city