Meet the United Kingdom’s Stasi
Public Trained in Anti-terrorism
Not content with charging us for our ‘freedom’ to have ID Cards and CCTV on every corner, not content from stopping us take photographs in public, our UK Government in the shape of Home Secretary wacky baccy Jacqui Smith now wants everyone to spy on everyone else ‘in case they’re a terrorist’!
See the news here: UK plans comprehensive terror law
Apparently, 60,000 (non-governmental) people are already ‘trained’ to deal with terrorist incidents and how to spot one…
During those years we saw;
- a successive ramping up of hysterical xenophobia by the various leaders and power brokers,
- an instigation of a secret police with draconian powers of arrest
- and where people were routinely tortured
- and could dissappear for years
- or even be executed,
- neighbourhoods where people spied on each other ‘in the name of the state’ but were quite often just used to settle petty grievances or steal lovers and spouses
- a political class that set their own priviliges, rights and payments which were extravagently different to ‘the workers’ they supposedly represented.
Now tell me if these four points haven’t happened here? We have, in order;
- a United Kingdom that’s socially divisive with a rampant xenophobic right-wing press and a government that year-on-year imposes more and more restrictions on freedom, rights and mobility.
- we have two secret police organistions, an armed police force that can arrest anyone with ‘due cause’ and use ‘reasonable force’ to do so – whatever all those weasely words mean.
- We’ve now got an expanded ‘Neighbourhood Watch’ of 60,000 who spy and are trained to do so by our UK Government (see today’s news link above)
- We’ve continuing disingenuous abuses of privilige by our elected folk particulary in the field of expenses and other, highly paid, ‘conflict of interest’ type work. The latest scandal is actually today, where Employment minister Tony McNulty has said he did nothing wrong by claiming second-home expenses on a London house where his parents live.
In this last one, McNulty has two homes only 8 miles apart and both in the Greater London area. He says he needs them even though London has fantastic transport links. Basically he’s getting us all to pay for a second London (high property prices!) home which is actually just round the corner to his other one.
The scummy corruptive inadequacies of this government, and the opposition it must be said, are that none of them, McNulty, Jacqui Smith, Derek Conway,and all the pseudo-nanny-keeping lot of them – none of them ever seem to think there’s anything wrong with any of it! In fact, they all collectively strived to keep their expenses, paid by you and me, from public scrutiny last January.
I’ve no doubt at all that like all corrupt, secretive, authoritarian regimes of the past they’ll try and get everything hidden again. Just like the Stasi. Last night a show on TV revealed the excesses of communist history in Czechoslovakia. It’s Bulgaria next week. Another chance to compare and contrast to the world we have here in the UK. This is the schedule – it’s on BBC2! https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jcgzt/episodes/2009 . Try and watch. A world where everyone is frightened to speak up in case they lose their livelihood and where the people in work do the absolute minimum, jealously plotting a route to join the elite.
It’s not for me. I’m out of this world where taxpayers subsidise corrupt banker’s pensions and WW2 veteran’s last expenses are paid for with a lottery!
authoritarian BBC Bulgaria CCTV CHANCE citizen communist conflict Corruption creative CTV defend Different DNA Echo employment EVERYTHING expenses Fantastic FREEDOM Government Guantanamo Guantanamo Bay History home secretary HTTP ID Card IRA Jacqui Smith jaqui smith JOIN knowledge Labour LATEST LAW London MINIMUM Minister name NEWS NONE NOTHING ORDER pension Police Politics PRESS program property public RE rights scandal scum SHAPE Sport Stasi Success surveillance taxpayer terror Torture Transport trial UK United Kingdom war on terror weasel WW1 WW2 YEARS