Last updated on November 21st, 2015
“Lord” Ashcroft Then
It’s ten years since Ashcroft “gave assurances” that he would reveal his er.. something or other, to William Hague – according to William Hague in his famous Paxman interview – See Below:
“Lord” Ashcroft Now
Today’s news is that if the tories win the forthcoming election, (and in a statement today, he finally confirmed he WAS a non-dom), Ashcroft has promised to become fully “resident and domiciled” in the UK. Try The Sun for more or the BBC.
“Lord” Ashcroft Conclusion
What this all means, of course, is that either;
- Ashcroft lied to Hague back in 2000 when Hague put him up for his peerage,
- Or that Ashcroft deliberately misled Hague about it all,
- Or that Hague colluded in the deception.
I cannot personally think of any other routes that would lead William Hague to state what he so emphatically said to Paxman last summer. What says you? I’m all ears.
However, it’s blindingly obvious (yet strangely ignored) that he hasn’t paid tax to our nation for at least ten years – and yet has a weird magnetic control over some of our affairs….
Of course, the Labour Party have their own share of grey donors; all the way from Bernie Ecclestone back in 1997 to the Indian born Baron Paul with his own peculiar mix of richness, dodgy expense claims and donations.
The Labour queue is pretty long in financial scandal.
The stench of hypocrisy is becoming worse.
But what burnt the honesty cake for me these last two days, was the flag of patriotism being bandied about.
Patriotism – the last refuge of a scoundrel.
“It is an election we have a patriotic duty to win because this country is in a complete and utter mess, and we have to sort it out.”
- Which is a formidable statement to make given that the whole world is in a turmoil where the rich get richer and the poor have to pay for it, and yet Britain is not a “one-off” and actually, is “not that bad”, you know…
- Formidable because the starving poor are now castigated for hunting for food after earthquakes by a corrupt, politically charged and motivated media who employ brainless hacks to tow the editorial line.
- Yet in the UK, no-one starves unless through neglect.
- Anyone in Britain can get medical treatment and care on demand, with waiting lists at a fraction that they were when the Tories were last in power…
It’s a strange definition of the word “mess” – but a typical usage of the word “patriotism”, by a squeakily clean, disturbingly smooth, scoundrel.
Want and Need
In a reworking of the slogan “No taxation without representation“, there should be a new slogan, that empathetically states that we do not need lobbying or interference in our governmental process from any person or organisation that does not pay taxes; i.e. it does not directly contribute to the material well-being of the country.
No Representation without Taxation!
- No positions of power.
- No quango membership
- No parliamentary membership.
- No political donations, directly or indirectly.
- No lobbying or ‘briefings’, directly or indirectly.
In other words,
Pay up , or shut up!
We all have to, the poor, long-suffering, tax-paying, public.
This is especially important for us, as where America leads, we follow.
Within the last two months, a legal judgement was made that made it perfectly proper for any business to promote any political party. The logic was that if a company pays taxes, it should have representation, just as the founding fathers wanted.
The crucial irony is though, that grievous complaints have been raised in the USA that their due process of democracy was already being undermined by these huge corporations that now bankroll the electoral system.
Of course, the reason that the corporations won was due to the massive financial investment in lobbying that they undertook to ensure they won…….
Watch out Britain! Q. E. D.